Skip to main content

String Rose PATTERN

Well, d-day has almost arrived. Tomorrow I head back to school. Where did the summer go? At least the class schedule is looking pretty light and I'll only be at school for 2- 2 1/2 days a week.

Today I want to share a really simple technique/pattern I've called "String Rose". This idea first made an appearance on the blog during the old into new challenge back in 2014. I named one of the experimentation tiles as Trentwith and though this pattern was the initial source of inspiration, my version takes a different approach. I had always meant to share the technique as it's so simple, and fun, but I just didn't get around to it. Until now! 2 1/2 years later.....haha.

O.k., here goes........

The String Rose Pattern - this shows the base technique.
As it's all done in one continuous line, I thought a little insta-video might help out:

A video posted by A Little Lime (@alittlelime) on

I've never linked my Instagram video before so I hope it works - not sure whether it will show up via email, so if not, just visit the website, or my instagram feed.

Why not try String Rose out on different grids? Shown here on a s-grid (alternating) and a diamond grid. The s-grid is my favourite. Adds to the organic feel, I think.

You don't need to be locked into a grid to draw this. Freehand some random sized roses, add a few leaves. Ta da. Bouquet!
Have a great day!
hx