7.15.2016

Double 8's PATTERN

I've had a wonderful time during the term break - I've been getting lots of drawing done and have a bit of a stockpile of fun things to share with you over the next term :)

I'm back at school again from next Monday, 4 days a week! I'm equal parts excited and dreading the amount of time I'll have to spend studying.

A while back I posted a pattern 2/8's - this week I've been revisiting the concept and have developed a couple of spin off patterns.

Here's one of them: Double 8's:


And, just for fun - here they are as individual "off grid" flowers:


And with some colour for a change :)



Around the farm not much is happening - we're in the middle of Winter, it's cold but not too bad. We haven't had any frozen pipes or much snow on the nearby mountains. Still the wood heater is running 24/7 :) Our two mama sheep have given birth to their lambs - they're healthy and adorable! I love seeing them run around the paddock. Miss Jersey is also due to calf in another 6ish weeks - I can't wait, I'm missing having all that fresh milk and cream.

Hope your weekend is amazing!
hx

10 comments:

  1. So pretty, Helen. And, one I can probably do gracefully :) Really love the colored one. Thanks for sharing your talent with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jean :) It's a pretty easy one, for sure :) I enjoyed working with a bit of colour for a change. h

      Delete
  2. The Double 8s pattern is so lovely, Helen! I agree with Jean Chaney's comment: This looks like a pattern I too might be able to accomplish. Love the color version—subtle and elegant. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. I love it when a pattern is easy and gives a good result. Though the challenging ones are fun, too!!! Have a great day! hx

      Delete
  3. Helen, when I put this in my gridded book (where I draw all the new tangles) I found it very easy to draw and it looks so graceful. Looking forward to using it on a tile...I also really love the shading on the off the grid drawing. I might just give that a try also! 🙂
    Barb B. CZT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you're having fun with it, Barb :) Thank you!! h

      Delete
  4. Beautiful, Helen. I'm useless at drawing anything but I think that I would be able to make the flowers after a couple of tries. I love the coloured ones you've shown us. Thanks so much :)
    Bejay x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bejay :) These are so easy - I hope you give it a go :) h

      Delete
  5. Just tried your tangle! It's fun! Thanks for sharing! I always enjoy your art!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So here's one thing I tried with Double 8's. They turned into quadruple 8's tho! and then they got Bossy! (morphed into Margaret Bremner's Boss pattern :) Fun, & really pretty! Thanks for sharing! http://craftsbybetsy.blogspot.com/2016/08/infinitely-bossy-8.html

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you :)