Skip to main content

Challenge #147 - Boo.Kee

Oh happy day! Yesterday was my last day at school........not just for the term........but forever! I finished up one week early due to orientation, school concerts etc. Bonus!!! I am now back to my most favourite job as a full-time, home-based mum after a 5 1/2 year hiatis. I wonder if my husband will now expect the house to be tidy and dinner to make it to the table before 8.30pm? haha.....probably not.

I have also been busy, busy working on a Christmas surprise for my blog subscribers which I am hoping to have on the blog within the next week - are you excited? I am. LOL. It's ready to go, but......I am in the process of ironing out blog/internet/html.......gaaah. I hate that stuff! All the research into making these things work within the limitations of blogger gives me a big, fat headache! I just want to draw.

This week's challenge was to use Boo.Kee - I loved the look of it as soon as I saw it - circles are a favourite for me.

I did have a bit of a Christmas tree theme in mind, or a zipper thingy (ummm, yeah, one of things of which we do not speak) but then my pen took over and this is what happened instead.


Have a fabulous week!
hx

Comments

  1. Love it! A string of Christmas baubles. Merry Christmas and thanks for all your posts. :@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you would come with something SPECIAL for Boo*Kee.
    I Love it !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy retirement! I think you are a genius!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on completing school! Your take on Boo*Kee is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fantastic. I wish I could make my brain think like yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome what you made with Boo*Kee!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you will enjoy being at home! I absolutely adore what you've done with this tangle...but then I love ALL your tangles!! Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic! So brilliantly drawn!l

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow! just amazing artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  10. In your usual style, a very unique and creative approach to this tangle. Love the different beads and the string connecting them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this variation of the pattern, which in its original form is a bit staid, I find. I'm sure to borrow your version, Helen!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is quite special, it is stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful beads and baubles! Can't wait to see what you have coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just Stunning, Helen... Love your free-wheeling approach!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your posts and ALL your drawings! Happy new freedom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Threading ......marvellous! Happy day indeed!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super beading Helen. It would make a great tangle for buttons, I open up the challenge to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha. I almost turned these into buttons, but I'd already begun adding the patterns :) You know what they say about great minds!

      Delete
  18. Gorgeous! Life without school - is that possible?! :-D
    Enjoy your freedom!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Helen, Congrats on your new accomplishment! I just have to say, I always love your work! You have such a unique style that stands out!! Just Beautiful! I signed up for your emails and I'm looking forward to see your new work! :0) Peace be Yours

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great treatment of Boo-Kee! I am always so inspired by your tangle work. Thank you for sharing with us:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you :)