Skip to main content

challenge #146 - pea-nuckle/well

The challenge this week - Pea-nuckle and Well ................. together.

I find Pea-nuckle frustrating enough on its own, let alone trying to make it work with Well. They do not play well together! At least not in my journal.

So, I fell back on a favourite transitioning tangle - knyt - which works for me as a very structured, yet organic tangle allowing me to go from the more rigid Pea-nuckle to the more flowing Well (you can see the steps on how I draw Well like this here)


It doesn't feel all that exciting to me as I've done similar things before with different patterns, but at least I managed to get these two tangles to call a brief truce. I do like the mechanical feel of Pea-nuckle in this design - reminds me of a stretchy metal lattice thingy. Yeah, one of those. LOL.

2 weeks to go! I did my last Thursday classes today and have just two Tuesdays left.

hx

Comments

  1. I think it is beautiful and 'graceful'

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your way of drawing Well, and tried it a few times and like to do it that way.
    So much more elegant.
    Your contribution of this challenge is like Sandra says very beautiful and graceful.
    Mij compliments !

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yes I like it.
    you are one of the very few who managed to knit those two together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love how you made pea-nuckle look like metal! Rather a steampunk look. Your way of drawing well, I have always loved!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, your art is amazing! I love the way you transitioned and I am going to have to try that technique soon. NancyD

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous and very elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful, it almost looks like oval pearls!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You never cease to amaze me. I love how you made these, to me difficult, tangles look so flowing and easy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was already wondering what you would do with this challenge. 'Well' you did GREAT.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love love love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautifull, i am such a big fan of your tangles. I also use your step-by-step patterns very often.

    ReplyDelete
  12. pretty cool! haha! all steampunky lookin' i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I continually stand in awe of your artistic tangles.
    No one I know does it like you do! I save many of them just to enjoy over and over again.
    Thank you for blessing us with such beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like your pea-nuckle. The whole piece looks like it's unraveling, which makes knyt such a great fit!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your tangle. Well actually, I always love your tangles :-).

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow…. always the unexpected with you - and ever so graceful and beautiful. You really do a have a special eye for adapting a tangle to make it elegant, light and airy. So inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like your "steampunk" pea-nuckle. I cannot visualize it that way. I like your flowing Well. Mine tends to be grid based.

    ReplyDelete
  18. As usual you have aced this challenge. I am constantly amazed at your artistry.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I agree with Audrie. Your composition and execution are both gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the way you made pea-nuckle into the stretchy metal lattice thingy, great idea.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you :)