Skip to main content

Challenge #145 - Quib

This weeks Diva Challenge : Quib.

I always struggle with patterns like this - as I find continuous patterns (i.e. ones that can go on in any direction forever) far easier to deal with - Quib, feels (to me!) more rigid without as much room for creative spin, maybe it's just my frame of mind this week as I'm sure others have managed to come up with incredible ways of using it.

So, what to do? I could either use the pattern as inspiration and head in my own direction, or keep it as is and try and create a point of difference to make it mine - in the end I did both.

This one is the closest to original, but instead of tucking the ends back into another "hole" they're capped with my favourite flower.
And, some colour with the lines weaving a bit. Quib (sort of) is in the middle - I used my string drawing method, with stops and starts to get the strings going over and under each other. I also strengthened up the lines along one side to try and give it a bit more depth.
Sting drawing method again for this one - just started off with the 3 lines coming out of the hole and worked my way across alternating between the lines to weave them.

And, yes, I am still working on my string journal - I'm about half way through the moleskine journal though have lost momentum temporarily - I should've drawn a couple of these in there too!

This one has absolutely nothing to do with the challenge, it was a spin off from my cruze play from the last posts.

Only 3 more weeks to go till the end of term.........not that I'm counting or anything!

Have a good one!
hx