Skip to main content

the string thing.......

I am still drawing strings.........they are very mindless and therapeutic. Love them. As mentioned in my previous post, the concept is based on a pin of a Jaime Derringer string drawing that I have on my "doodles" pinterest board - you can see more of Jaime's string work here - it's fabulous and well worth checking out.

I have had a few people ask how to go about starting something like this - my process was basically just to start and keep drawing lines - I didn't think about it all that much, though there was lots of stopping and starting so that I could get plenty of connections and strings going over and under.

Every time you do this it's going to be different, but here's a step out of the process that I used and a few tips which I hope make sense.


Back to my string.......

hx

Comments

  1. Helen, this looks like fun. I think I will try it on a pad at work today. Thanks, as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, Susan. So easy and mindless you could just keep going and going with it.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the tips as this is not the way I thought it would be done. Now that I look back the original inspiration has LOTS of starts and stops. I had to chuckle at Susan's comment...hope her boss is not reading this!!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries, Deb. I imagine there's lots of different ways to go about it, this was the way that just seemed logical to me :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for putting this up Helen, really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this idea, will be great for my "untangled" prayers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this Helen! It's kind of like "free writing"- you just Go with it, no thinking involved. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for this Helen. It really helps :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love, love, looooove! looking forward to trying this...thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing my work! Love your strings :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Jaime. Thanks for the inspiration :)

      Delete
  9. Wonderful! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Again, you make things so eay for the rest of us to try! I do appreciate your sharing nature! Strings and ribbons I just love, but you make them so easy to attempt.......thank you dear lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sue! You are most welcome :)

      Drawing string is a lot of fun - I hope you try it out :) h

      Delete
  11. Thank you so much for these step outs for the string. It's just what I've been looking for.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you :)