10.25.2013

progression........

When I don't feel very inspired (like lately), it can be a little hard to pick up my pen and do anything with it - I just know that there's not going to be anything exciting happening when I put that pen to paper, so why bother, right? Well, I am a big believer of the more you create, the more creative you become, so although I might be tempted to just take a break (and, admittedly, sometimes I do), other times I like to work through the dry spell and see if I can drag some inspiration along with it.

One of my start up tactics is to draw some random circles on the page and just start from there.

Here's yesterdays drawing:


Not very exciting, and similar to stuff I've done before - but, it got me drawing.

Here's some progression pics - unfortunately they are not great because I was too lazy to scan each step, so took them on my ipad - you'll also have to ignore the fact that it is upside down to the finished drawing (I just realised this as I was uploading the pic....lol). The circles are pencilled in first, then I go from there:


Last week's challenge - I did start something, but lost interest a few dots from completion. Here it is, fully dotted:


Thanks also for all the lovely comments on my last couple of posts - I haven't had the time to get around and look at much of anyone's work of late. I am finally in my last term of my school contract and cannot wait for the summer holidays to begin in around 7 weeks!

hx

8 comments:

  1. I think your circles are great. I agree sometimes you just have to work through a dry spell. Lovely! NancyD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your attitude to just keep on drawing! The results are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of starting with drawing circles when a boost of inspiration is needed. I think they turned out great, and I'm going to give this idea a try. Thanks for sharing it. Linda E.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you finished your stipple. It turned out beautifully. I think the circle idea is great. I will tuck that idea away for a slow day. That one would be fun to play with colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even when you are doing what you consider to be unexciting work, it turns out beautiful. You continue to be an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love all your work, helen, i don't care if it's simliar to something else or not. it's always new and refreshing to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, all. I'm so programmed to do a bit of drawing each day, that I feel a bit bereft if I don't feel inspired to actually do it - what would I do with my time..........clean? ah, no. lol.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you :)