Skip to main content

stacked ribbon petals

School is out! Finally! I have begun my 4 week break then we are into the final term of the year (as well as the final term of my contract!) Over the past 2 years I have enjoyed (sometimes) cooking with the children, I've learnt a lot and no doubt grown personally, but I am really, really happy it will be coming to an end in December. More time to focus on my garden, animals and home next year - I am planning to get bees very, very soon! I can't wait.

I really love drawing stacked loopy strings and for whatever reason the idea of a flower centre with a loopy string bunched up underneath it popped into my head the other night when I was reading - like most of my drawing ideas they appear when I'm doing something totally unrelated. Anyway, I quickly sketched out a couple of versions and here's the results:

My favourite version in greyscale (I really need a new scanner, this is looking a little fuzzy!)


And, colour (I need to fix up the shading on the purple ribbon running through the petal it's not dark enough):


Very easy, here's how:


hx

Comments

  1. You make things look so simple! But the results are truly wonderful. I LOVE your work and find it really inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helen, these are beautiful, I love how delicate they are. I will have to give this a go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know why your art is so beautifully organic...you are! Thanks for the step out on the gorgeous flower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful! Helen, thank you so much for your generous nature and for sharing your ideas and art. I love these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful camomiles! In especially color looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How clever! I love it! Really going to try this one soon~!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If only it were that simple to create such beautiful art! I absolutely admire your work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. these are gorgeous and I would love to see these produced as rubber stamps so I could use on a project!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So talented! thanks for sharing your gift

    ReplyDelete
  10. Canadian FollowerApril 30, 2015 at 7:32 AM

    just fallen in love with your art work, its amazing how you're able to come up with some of the overlay designs. Your work is crisp and yet delicate in some ways. I'm recommending my friends to check you out on Pinterest and your blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your work! You are such an inspiration!!! Thanks for sharing your talent. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your designs are beautiful. At first glance they appear so, what is the word I am looking for, easy, simple, clean, aesthetic. But when I look again, they are more than that. I am again sharing your blog site with friends today in class. I hope they browse a bit. Do you have any more classes to take in graphic design? I don't think you need anymore, personally. But keep on trucking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the lovely comments and for sharing my blog! I have finished my diploma of graphic design, thank you - about a month ago now. Life on the farm has been keeping me very busy since then, though :) h

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you :)