Skip to main content

tubes

A quick one that I blocked in yesterday and finished off this morning. It was fun to play with a couple of patterns I haven't used before, though I did manage to get Chard in there - I think I have used this pattern on just about every graphic style piece that I've done. love. it.


Sometimes when I work on these more intensely patterned pieces, I waver between shading the patterned areas as well as the overall design. The times I have attempted this it has ended up looking too busy without the strong distinction between design elements. Today I stuck with shading the block elements and am happy with how it came out.

Have a great weekend!

hx

Comments

  1. Wow I love the way you make things look rounded and curved, this is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb! Absolutely wonderful! You always inspire me. This was the first thing I looked at this morning and I immediately started drawing. I think you picked the perfect way to shade this. Thanks so much for sharing all your beautiful work! Blessings & Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much. I'm really encouraged to draw the more I see your work. helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, this is absolutely beautiful! What wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you use the computer when you do your designs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I hand draw my designs though will occasionally use a ruler (as I did in this one to space the tubes sides) or a circle template if I want perfect circles. I do add my signature and lighten my background (my scanner tends to scan a bit grey) on my computer.

      Delete
  6. I was just curious, because they are almost perfect! I love your work...very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning! But what patterns besides Chard did you use? I'm surprised no one asked. I could be the only person who doesn't already know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Linda, now you are testing me..........o.k., looking through my pattern book I've used......a skewed Tripoli (each "section" has 8 instead of 6 parts), an improvised zedbra, fiore, echoism and chard.

      Delete
  8. Helen, AS USUAL, this is wonderful!! I love the fact that its definite "strict" lines, yet the patterns give it a softness!! Thanks for sharing for us "aspiring" Zentanglists!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you :)