7.29.2013

routine interrupted..........

Back to school, back to work, one of my kids moved back home (and, yes, another redistribution of the stuff in my craft room - henceforth to be known as ben's room......again.....lol).

One thing I did manage to get done last week was some sketching for a project. Here's a couple of my favourites - they're just outlines with no detail work:


Ha......just noticed my spelling of leaf on this one - ah, well, I can't be bothered opening photoshop to edit it - it will just have to stay as leavf!

Love poppy pods. LOVE. THEM.


We have been having stunning, mild Winter weather though it is meant to get colder as the week goes on. I did my order for Spring/Summer seeds yesterday - can't wait to get planting them in just one more month! I love this time of year - the anticipation of Spring - the bulbs are pushing up in the garden, my house is full of Jonquils - the daffodils are beginning to flower. Wonderful!

hx

8 comments:

  1. I like poppies too, the pods and the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't experience the 4 seasons except rainy or sunny weather here in Singapore. I can imagine flowers start popping out in your garden surely a beautiful sight. Like the leavf drawing too.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spring is my favorite time of year too. Seems like our winters are so very long and spring is the shortest of our seasons. Sometimes we go from winter right into summer, skipping spring and then skipping fall going right into winter again. Love your sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leavf makes a good tangle name!
    Love those poppy pods too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spring is my very favorite season because winter is over. We have mild winters here too in chattanooga tenn but its still winter. I love your leafl and everything you do

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Helen, I recently discovered your blog and just wanted to say I really love your style and appreciate you sharing your techniques. I have been tangling for about a year now and also love flowers and prefer curves over angles.
    I look forward to following your blog. Enjoy your change of seasons. I live in Midwestern US, so your change of warmer weather means we will be getting colder :-( soon.
    Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joannne. Thank you! I discovered tangles just over a year myself - really love them :) I am so looking forward to the warmer weather and being able to plant out my spring seedlings! I am a little scared that we may have another summer like last year (it lasted about 4 months with a lot of extreme heat!)

      Delete

I love hearing from you :)