Skip to main content

paisley/flowers

Yesterday I found myself doing my last class for the term. I thought that I'd be finishing next Tuesday, but the teachers have a planning day scheduled, so, I'm on school holidays for the next 4 1/2 weeks. Yay, me!

Paisleys. Love them! Clearly, though, they are on my mind a lot more than I thought - I was sitting on the couch a couple of days ago innocently reading my book when a turned back paisley popped into my head - I have learnt that unless I get these images that just randomly appear sketched out pretty quick, they just slip back into the primordial ooze, never to be seen again. So, in order to figure out if I could make the turned edge paisley look work, I grabbed my sketchbook.

After I drew the first one, I was thinking "flower petal", so, I just kept going and turned a series of them into a flower.


Then, I kept the petal shapes, ditched the paisleys, and drew some stylised 'mums:


hx

Comments

  1. Absolutely gorgeous Helen - love both of them. Enjoy your holidays. Rae Smith, Townsville, Qld

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helen, Happy holidays to you. Loved the worms and love the pasley. Your depth of shading and angles are simply beautiful. I have now got your blogs in their own section now. So I can just go surfing their for inspiration. Now off to some creating of my own! Thanks Julie Beard, Adelaide, SA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helen, these are both wonderful! The "Mums" look very much like the ones I paint when I'm doing Japanese Sumi painting....I really love the look of yours. Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful work with all of us!

    Enjoy your holidays!
    Maureen, Bellingham, WA, USA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Helen, this is amazing!
    Your ART is so very special and unique,
    I love it:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE paisley and yours are awesome!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omigosh--I love those mums!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you captured your brilliant idea! These are wonderful, and as usual, have your own personal "stamp" on them. Enjoy your holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool. I love paisley too and these are wonderfully drawn.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are absolutely a genius with twisting...your ribbons, paisleys and shading....I love the mums.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there...I wanted to say I love your artwork, and I'm very much enjoying your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your bent back paisleys remind me of bent spoon handles. You did an awesome job shading these to make them realistic.
    Rae

    ReplyDelete
  12. The paisley design is fabulous, I almost feel that I could reach out and touch it, it's so 3d

    ReplyDelete
  13. Art in it's own form! Love them both.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you :)