Skip to main content

VIDEOS - Y-flip

Hey. So, I've been totally unmotivated. It's hot....yes....still really hot. I've started back at school this week. I have no energy and, I'm completely bored with myself. Result = no drawing this week.

Today I decided I needed to do something, so, I've put together a quick video for Y-Flip using my new camera - much better video quality filming with my SLR than my ipod (as you'd expect), but as it's so much heavier, and with the tripod I have, harder to mount over my work so I've had to film from the side which isn't great and means I have to draw at a bit of an odd angle to avoid getting my big, fat head in the way. Will have to play with this set up a bit, I think.

Here's Y-flip, includes how to do basic and extended y versions from my initial post


Enjoy!

hx

Comments

  1. Dear Helen, . I like y-flip but had some difficulty to draw it. So thank you for this video ,it makes me say " oh yes, now i understand ". I am a fan of your patterns.
    Kind regards from cold and snowy(just a little bit) Belgium.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, jeannine. Glad it helped!

      Delete
  2. Yay! I was beginning to worry as you'd been so quiet lately...love the new video!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn. I've found the heat pretty hard to cope with this year - Melbourne normally has a hot summer, but this year it has been around 3degC higher than average for 2 months. Exhausting.

      Delete
  3. Graceful and gorgeous! I love watching your tutorials!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't thankyou enough...i am such a visual person? Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the video. Have not tried this one yet but have a plan to use it on some bookmarks that I include in the class kit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for the video...explains so much ... especially since I'm a very visual person. Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one looks like sooo much fun! Very creative....thank you for sharing....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Helen, I am here in Buffalo, NY watching and working with your video. I am looking at a new foot of snow and cold. Isn't it great that I can share your work although you are sweating? I just love your work- it is sophisticated and not cutesy- very elegant!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda! The internet is such an amazing thing - I love that it lets us share instantly all around the world :) Though we live only 1/2 an hour from the mountains we rarely get snow here - only twice in the past 10 years and it melts as soon as it hits the ground!
      hx

      Delete
  9. Thanks for the fabulous feedback everyone. I am slowly trying to get videos of all my patterns done :) hx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ive said this before but: The videos are really helpful, thank you!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you :)