Skip to main content

Challenge #107 - Quandary

It's Friday. BIG YAY FOR FRIDAY! I *think* we've made it over the hump - our Jersey is coming to the gate to be milked (she luuuuuurves those pellets), she's no longer scared of the milking machine, we're now able do it by ourselves, so we can share the "shifts". AND from next week I will start getting up at 6am rather than 5am to bring her in.

Oh, yeah, and it rained yesterday and the forecast is for more over the next week. woohoo!

So, fingers crossed, I can now get back to my regularly scheduled program of drawing. and, oh yes, sleep. Sweet, precious, sleep.

This weeks Diva Challenge - the official tangle Quandary - step-outs were released last week in the Zentangle Newsletter.

I love it. So cute. Lots of little daisies and I do love my daisies.

Quandary Embroidery: A bit of a recurring theme for me - wrapping laces around needles and stitchery themes. Love them. Quandary cooperated beautifully.


Dandelion: with little individual quandary seed heads:


I've got a couple of scribbled pages of ideas so am hoping I get more of a chance to play this weekend.

Have a great one!
hx

Comments

  1. Your work is always so beautiful; it makes me happy just looking at it. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fresh like a spring! I love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always give your own beautiful twist to the tangles which results in candy fot yhe eye. Can't wait for more candy. Hugs to your little cow. I love Jerseys, they are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know which one I love more--haha! The embroidery is perfect for this pattern and your dandelion is adorable! Brilliant as always!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Superb!! Glad life is getting a bit easier for you now and looking forward to more artwork for us to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Helen, beautiful to use Quandary as embroidery. And your dandelion looks just great. I'm looking forward to see your scribbled pages of this tangle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The first one is beautiful and has this great design. The second one is full of sweetness and has this fairy look.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your embroidery is a great idea, it looks so natural. Love the flower too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love the dandelion head! Great, the way you always come up with florals and stitching themes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ga Day Helen,
    love, Love, LOVE your drawings, er, Tangles?? Anyway, you have a sweet, sweet touch to these carbon/ink/fluid/particle tracery thingys!! All the best!
    JC

    ReplyDelete
  11. Saw mine contribution? Also embroidery :-) I love yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your piece Ellen - reminds me so much of the ribbon embroidery I used to do years ago. Love it!

      Delete
  12. Quandary takes on a life of its own in your hands!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your pieces!! My favorite is the dandelion. Its simple but very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. really like the dimentionality of the first one. Great interpretation.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both of these are wonderful, free and airy! #1 - Embroidery is my fave! With Zentangle we don't have to sew, we tangle and create beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Helen - thank you for sharing - you have no idea how much pleasure and treasured time your blog gives me. Kristen has now had her second chemo treatment and I am doing the caregiver thing. All the books I have read tell me it is important to find time for myself - I am so thankful that I have zentangle and the wonderful blogs I have found - you inspire me and bring me moments of needed calmness in my day. For that I do not have enough words of thanks - but believe me, they are there, going out to all you amazingly talented artists who share so freely with us all. Jakki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jakki. My thoughts are with you and your daughter - I cannot imagine how difficult this is for you both. Glad you are managing to find some time for yourself, so important in times of stress to have an outlet.

      Delete
  17. Let it be recurring cause it's beautiful .You're pen knitting is always perfect.The dandelion is such a happy drawing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you :)