Skip to main content

more pattern journal

Happy New Year!

I'm still drawing in my pattern focus journal - it's all I've been in the mood to do this week.

Antidots: had fun with this one - if you look closely you might be able to see that I've done a layer of antidots with grey marker in an attempt at an embossed look.


Allium & Antidots: this one was initially going to be all Allium, but I wasn't really happy with how it was looking, so converted to antidot leaves half way through.


Bloom: 2 layers of random bloom starting with basic three strokes. After both layers were done, I went back to the first and added extra strokes and repeated with 2nd layer to give it a bit of an aura look. I did this one with a different colour for each layer first,


then I tried it with one colour - a lot more difficult to keep track of what I was doing. I wouldn't mind trying this on a larger format.


It's going to be super-hot over the next week, so if I get any drawing done it will be early morning/evening. Maybe we'll head to the beach :)

hx

Comments

  1. They are wonderful! Your patterns remind me of my favorite artist EC Ecsher.

    Bloom #1's different colors for each individual layer worked up very nice, but I still like Bloom #2's all one color, best. I'm sure it was more difficult to complete but the end result was well worth it.

    My overall favorite is Allium and Antidots. The two together suggest a slight swaying movement and keeps the composition fresh.

    I look forward to you continuing to share your pattern journal entries.

    Saundra sandini61@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. The grey layer works beautifully! Happy tangling and a happy new year...keep cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am trying to get my head round how you did the different petals in Blooms. I get how you did the onese "underneath", but it's the ones that are bisected that I am having trouble understanding. I can see I shall be spending many hours trying to replicate this, "one stroke at a time"!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you :)