11.16.2012

Light grey markers are back in the house!

Okay, well, I did get my delivery of grey markers last week, but hadn't used them until today. So good to have light grey markers again! I actually bought a 12 box set, so now I have 3 sets of graduating greys in warm, neutral and cool. Sooooo soooo happy.

I had a great afternoon drawing........I managed to catch up on patterns, as well as get through some pattern tiles for my organisation system - I am almost done with "B". It's a slow process, especially as I stop drawing once I get to one I just don't feel like doing - usually the patterns requiring lots of blocking/colouring in.

I also broke out a new journal and so far I am loving it - it ticks all the boxes for me - 125gsm, smooth paper, bound, hard cover, able to blend markers and erase without it disintegrating and it was under $10.00. Win!

I came across a page with some filagree and scroll sketches in one of my old journals, the scrolls remind me of the type of freeform designs that quilters do so they probably inspired the original sketch. Plenty of light grey marker action, too!

Daisies & scrolls:



Filagree feather:


Very happy with my day :)

hx

11 comments:

  1. WHAT A LOVELY AND ELEGANT LOOK! YOU SHOULD BE VERY HAPPY WITH YOUR DAY...EVERY DAY! YOU DO BEAUTIFUL WORK, SO GLAD A FRIEND RECOMMENDED YOUR BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not surprised that you are happy with your day, glorious artwork, just love black & white.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A happy happy day with happy art to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mickey Mouse was the bomb!! Loved it, I also love circles. You bring Zentangles to another level (way beyond Zentangles) to ART!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this one! I'm going try my hand at it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! I really love these daisies and scrolls - very happy with my days "work".

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do tell Helen, what journal are you using?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lyndel - I'm using the A4 quill art journals from officeworks - though aren't quite as good for blending markers as some other papers that I've used, they still work o.k., and since I like everything else about them, I've bought about 4 more - lol - I like to be prepared, just in case there's like, some huge art journal crisis and I can't get them anymore!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Helen, they look really nice on-line, will check them out next time I'm in-store. Cheers!

      Delete
  8. I adore your blog and devour every new post, art and zentangles are all beautiful, not to mention the fusion between the two. Fab.

    Also a promarker girl but came across these from the world of scrapbooking/cardmaking. Zentangle is relatively new to me (just been doing it for a few months. 12 grey box set sounds awesome, not sure I can get that set here (UK). Definitely in need of some more ice greys!

    Anywho keep up the great blog :) Makes afternoon coffee breaks at work so much more interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nix. Thankyou for the lovely compliment :)

      Love my promarkers (and tria markers). Santa is bringing me another 2 x 24 sets, along with enough storage bags so that I can organise them. I buy mine direct from letraset in the UK. My grey set are tria markers (12 set + blender). Hope that helps :)

      Delete

I love hearing from you :)