Skip to main content

twirl trumpet & pattern

A quick one tonight - I can't believe it's midnight and I am still playing around when I have a book I want to finish before I go to sleep!

I was playing around with this pattern "twirl" a week or so ago, but didn't have a drawing to show it in action. Tonight I finally got around to it- here's my twirl trumpet.
 

the pattern: initially I drew a single one of these freehand (looks cute as a flower) and thought it would probably convert well to a continuous pattern - I found the dots the easiest for a workable pattern, though if you don't object to drawing pencil lines, you could sketch a pencil grid. It can be drawn freehand depending on how regular you want it to look. Click on the image to see more detail - take note of the "missing" dot in each pattern section:


a closer look: love how this flows


 some fill ideas:
 

 hx

Comments

  1. Wow, what a wonderful addition you are to the tangling community. You bring a wispiness and wind-blown creativity that is blowing us all away with your unique and one of a kind talent. I consider you to be one of the sweet tender mercies in my tangling addiction!

    Bev in Utah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, absolutely lovely, sigh. I am SO envious of your talent and your imagiation. You just do such wonderful work. Thank you for sharing the stepout.

    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Helen, this is a very nice pattern, and so simple to draw, but such a great expression. Thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Music to my ears and eyes and fingers and toes!!!
    I'm twirling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this tangle! You are so creative~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tangle. I find something great every time I visit your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooooooh - look t this lovely new tangle. Simple... And curly-twirly pretty. Love it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....ooops: meant to type "look at lovely new tangle"......

      Delete
  8. Another fantastic tangle to add to my book... You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you always have the coolest ideas! i've actually started a "helen" album on my desktop to hold your patterns :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you're finding them useful, Alice :)

      Delete
    2. Wow !!! Now why on Earth didn't I think of this? A "Helen" album.. very good idea. Hope you don't object to my copying your idea?

      Delete
  10. Wow! Love everything you do. You're so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, everyone. I had fun drawing it. If I ever get my video camera sorted, I'll do a demo for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just have to say that I am SO enjoying your wonderful blog! You are such a creative and talented person! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Deborah. Glad you are enjoying visiting :)

      Delete
  13. I am shocked - your work is stunning and i will make sure i visit your blog again and again. Thank you so much for sharing your ideas on new patterns on videos. Would like to see more of your work and added new patterns.

    Regards
    Wanphai Nongrum

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your work is really beautiful and precise. I really like you style. This pattern is particularly lovely and has so many ways to vary it. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you :)