9.21.2012

lime fengle

When I was flicking through an earlier journal last week, I found this fengle-ish play half done, so decided I would finish it off - I've worked on other things on and off in between, but got it done today. Lots of "sticky edges" on this - love to hide imperfections and wonky lines this way. My favourite colour, lime green, as a highlight. Love, LOVE lime green. Love it! I haven't really done anything with fengle before and it's hard to know when to stop - I just kept finding spots that needed an extra scrolly bit. I think the fact that I stopped working on this to do the 2nd pinwheel in my previous post is why that one ended up with scrolls on it too! I was on a roll :)
hx

7 comments:

  1. Wow! This is gorgeous. You're so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful, so flowy--I could just sit and look at it and drink it all in...stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have inspired me. I never have conquered 'fengle'. This is beautiful! I have to try again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so much fun, Susan, I just couldn't stop :)

      Delete
  4. Again a great drawing. How do you manage to make so many drawings in a week. I'm just glad to make 2 and often I have post the first one and considdering of making a second one within the same challenge, but I just can't get it done. And every piece you make looks so gorgeous. It inspires me to think bigger than just fill in spaces. Thanx for sharing al your beautifull work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Didisch! I love sharing and it is great to hear that you are enjoying what I am posting :)

      As for the volume - at the moment I spend a LOT of time drawing - I guess I am compulsive and I don't sleep as much as I should if I am in the middle of a design I am excited about. It also helps that I only work 2 half days during school terms and housework is pretty low on my list of priorities! lol! It's spring here, and once the weather really starts warming up and the garden lures me outside, I (probably) won't draw as intensely :)
      hx

      Delete

I love hearing from you :)