Skip to main content

growing tube

I have another terrible drawing pad - the last one was good, but this one - Jasart - is no good for shading with markers - it causes the ink to smudge from the line drawings when I work with the markers & also breaks down a bit when it becomes saturated. O.k. for just drawing/inkwork. Ah well, I will just have to work around it (I hate leaving a journal 1/2 full, so will persist till I finish it) - at least I know not to buy it again. I have a couple of moleskine journals on the way and am excited about trying them out next. Growing Tube: I have a fascination for playing with perspective, and I had fun with this one, making it look as if the various elements were sprouting from the tube - the shading on the holes in the tube took a bit of work to try and get right - still not 100% happy but I have a pressing need to move onto my next drawing, so have pronounced it "done".

Comments

  1. Ill be interested to hear what you think of the Moleskines. I've just got the watercolour (pink wrap band) & the Sketchbook (lilac wrap band) to try. I was a bit flummoxed when I opened the latter to find yellow pages. Thanks for all the info you're posting - I'm intrigued by your ability with shading & perspecitive - I've no artistic background but love being shown how & tangling is extraordinary.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Paula, I will post an update when I get them - hopefully next week! I am planning to use them for full page drawing and am excited to start :) Re: info, you're welcome, it's great to hear that it helps, I'm still constantly learning - that's what I love about it :)

      Delete
  2. Helen, you should be 100% happy, it's an exciting imaginative piece. Fun example of....out bursts and 'breaking free'!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore your drawings, they are so beautiful, delicate.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's amazing!
    Your work is so delicate and precise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are amazing! I'd love to be able to doodle and end up with a work of art like you do. mine just look like......dumb doodles. Thank you for the inspiration and graceful masterpieces. Gramma LuLu

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you :)