8.18.2012

diva challenge #83 - mooka v assunta - take 2, 3, 4.....

I've been playing around with this combination on and off through the week, though my first challenge response (violets) is still my favourite. I like to put patterns into circles to see if I can get the shape and perspective right - I wanted to try this with assunta because it was a little hard to incorporate easily with the mooka. I wanted the result to look like a mooka flower with an assunta centre, but I think the circle looks a bit like a world globe propped in the middle - I probably needed to shade the surrounding mooka to make it sit in the design a bit better. ah well I'm happy with the dimension of the "ball". Purple and yellow again on this, I am loving this colour combo right now.


Similar idea with a larger assunta centre.


One I worked on at the beginning of the week - I wanted the mooka to weave in and out of the assunta, so a lot of stopping and starting to avoid crossing lines.


not quite 50 shades of grey.............

Some assunta play.......I really liked the look of the assunta with the border and shading that I used above, so had a play with weaving/linking 2 assunta grids - a bit of messing around to make it work, but I really like the idea and will use it again.


I am officially tapped out on these patterns. hx

12 comments:

  1. Wow! You really went to town on this one. They are all really lovely. Your assunta is beautiful, and so is your mooka.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohmygoodness! your tangles are very beautiful! I had a similar idea a few weeks ago to use a "ball" and mooka and I really liked it. I have been playing with it ever since. It's really interesting to see someone else's "take".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm curious, what tools are you using to add color to your tangles?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi kp. thanks :) At the moment I am very addicted to using letraset promarkers to add colour to my drawings. I use a blender pen to get the watercolour effect that I use on some of them :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you! I am going to check these out.

      Delete
  4. Wooooooooow! I love how you have made this challenge your own! They are all perfect, unique, and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally beautiful again, and again. I am in awe of your wonderful talent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is very well done, amazing what can be done.
    Puzzling and a lot of patience!!!! nr 3 is my faourit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. where to begin? your style is different from any i've seen here before. i love the flowing lines and the weaving of elements. and your color savvy is right on target. i'd love to see a dozen more - i love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love them all, so airy and flowy (is flowy a word?) Just great and fantastic work.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you :)