Skip to main content

PATTERN - Faux Weave

I am getting ever closer to the finish line of my course. I have one more round of assessments to go and should be done in around 6 weeks - I cannot wait! I have enjoyed it, but am more than ready for it to be over. Thanks for hanging in there with my erratic posting over the past year or so :)

My desk, which has a myriad of buried treasure amongst the clutter  (my organisation "system" tends towards scribbling things down on scraps of paper when I get an idea then throwing them on my desk). Anyway, I had a bit of a clean up last night and it offered up this pattern ready to scan and share.

I love, love, LOVE easy patterns and how, often, from a simple construct the illusion of a more complex design can be created.

I think that "faux weave" is one such example. What could be easier than spiralling around a single line? Stack these spirals together using a square grid, alternate the direction, add some basic fill and shading and all of a sudden you have a woven effect.

I've named this one "Faux Weave" as I already have a tangle pattern called Weave (check it out - it's one of my faves!)

Here it is:
The line work is completed in each square before moving on to the next. I try to fill each square with a single continuous line (see first 3 steps for a breakdown of the shape) which helps it come together super-quick, though the addition of shading is what really forms the weave effect.

It wouldn't be complete without a strip-ey, wonky grid version:

Have a great weekend!
hx