Skip to main content

Doodles and docos

Last week I found myself at my desk doodling away whilst listening to crime documentaries. Over two days my random doodle grew into this floral and string "wasp nest". I love creating with no end plan in mind - very relaxing.
floral and string doodle
I'm coming off a very busy weekend - we had a permaculture group through for a tour of the property on Saturday. On Sunday, John and I put up a new fence in between the veg garden and one of the paddocks. I've been putting some serious nagging effort into getting this done for a couple of years - the previous loose wire fence wasn't enough of a deterrent for various animals who've decided it would be great to take a closer look at the garden from time to time.

John is on school term break after this week, so I'm working on my list of other jobs we need to get done. I live in eternal hope :)

Have a great day!

Comments

  1. This is wonderful! I often think about attempting something of this scale, but I just can't seem to get started!! I am however, VERY inspired by your work, and would like to say thank you very much for offering the wonderful e-books. They've helped me enormously!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Yvonne. So glad to hear you have found my books useful. This drawing just started with a little flower......a couple of leaves.....then I just kept building :) I seem to be on a bit of a "thing" with this style right now as I've started another one. h

      Delete
  2. I listen to True Crime podcasts, they're kinda addictive and a great for doodling, gardening, housework! lol Is that what you were listening to? If, so which one? As always your drawings are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lora :) Right now it's true crime for me, before that it was history documentaries. They just show up on my YouTube suggestions - I don't notice who publishes them and I let them auto play unless one comes up that I can't listen too, some are just too horrific.

      Delete
  3. This is one of your absolute Best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were busy! It is beautiful. It's just me. But I see your doodle as a hair style and all is missing is a beautiful face to match. I wonder what a psychiatrist would say to me? LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It does have kind of an awkward angle on it which lends itself to looking like hair. I ran out of room on the page to soften it. The left hand side is right up against the spiral binding of my journal so that was as far as it was going.

      Delete
  5. I also listen to crime podcasts. Unsolved murders is one of my favorite along with Sword and Scale. And all the while I am busy drawing or doing something in the studio. Love all the detail in this drawing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you listened to Sword & Scale Rewind? Goes even deeper into stories and follows up! Once Upon a Crime is good too. I love S&S but also love Real Crime Pofile & Best Case Worse Case! I love podcasts.....and zentangles (Helen's are the best right?)

      Delete
    2. I'll have to check these out, Lora and Chai :) Thanks for the recommendations!

      Delete
  6. This is absolutely fantastic, Helen. But I am really happy it starts with D and not G!!! I have a laptop on my tangle desk and I have youtube running all kinds of documentaries, including real crime series, when I tangle. It is like my background noise that assures me I am not alone in this world (Happens at times when you live alone.) Good luck with your holiday projects.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you :)