8.19.2016

Challenge #280 - Olympics

This week's Diva Challenge theme was to be inspired by the Olympics.

As soon as I saw the challenge and thought about the rings, in my head I saw them all bunched up and squishy looking - that idea evolved to this:


Please don't ask me to explain it........hahaha. I probably needed to think about it a bit more :)  I would have liked to avoid colouring the black blob in, but not really an option with the challenge theme.

I don't know how long it's been since I've done two posts in one day, but sometimes girls just gotta draw, right?

In the midst of drawing this challenge piece I almost had a meltdown when I tried to open my book file to add some edits and it was corrupted. Now, I'm a compulsive file saver, so luckily after downloading my desktop publishing program on the Windows computer downstairs, running up and down between computers for about 2 hours trying to un-corrupt the file, I managed to find an up-to-date version in the trash. Yay! Much relief and rejoicing all around.

Now, it's back to work for me! Have a great weekend!!

hx

7 comments:

  1. WOW!!!! So different, so original and ... sooooo beautiful. Glad the computer is OK again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, I love this!!! You don't need to think about this more, just keep on going with your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this, Helen. A cross between the Olympics and the gems idea that is so popular now. You have made me put backing up my computer on my agenda for today, so thank you for that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this, it looks like the rings have morphed into these wonderful organic, squishy beings. (Love Squishy!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like ends of bones to me, so there's your link to exercise & the Olympics!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you :)