8.19.2016

Blobbers

A quick one today - playing around with an idea. I had no clue what to name these drawings, so I just went with blobbers. This may be a reflection on how I feel after sitting in front of the computer for a big chunk of my time over the past three days.

The good news? I think I'm about 3/4 done with the new book and now just have to make the final push. John is away for the next 2 days so I should be able to get a lot done. I'm really, really hoping to get this first draft stage completed before I start back to classes next week so that I can work on the edits progressively and have it ready for release on my next term break. We'll see.

Back to the drawings:

You know how some things don't really come out like you imagine in your head? These drawings are one of those things. I don't love them and I don't hate them either. Though, they do creep me out a bit - they make me think of fingers with long fingernails trying to reach out. haha. particularly in the first one.



Now with that lovely visual - have a great day!
hx

6 comments:

  1. I thought they were rather sweet, like shells found on a beach, all piled up. And then I read about the way you saw them and I am afraid that my seashells look rather creepy now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this a lot! It reminds me of Antidots and Bunzo - a couple of my favourite tangles - but auraed together. It looks fun to draw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Google mussels ... that's what I see. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see mussels, too! Not creepy, beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. absolutely - PEI mussels BIG GRIN

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like them, started trying them out as soon as I saw them. Usually a very good indication!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you :)