5.11.2016

To be or not to be.......

I've been making an effort to tidy up all my image folders of late and today I tackled my "stamp" folders. I used to design for a stamp company, which basically meant creating a whole heap of designs and sending them off - they would then choose which images they wanted. Inevitably my least favourites would be picked and the ones I loved wouldn't. Sigh. I haven't done it for a few years now - far more satisfying to draw what I want for my own enjoyment.

So, here are a few of my favourite "rejects". Due to the process involved in creating the stamps, they're fairly minimalist outline drawings with no shading.




Hope your day is wonderful!
hx

20 comments:

  1. They are lovely! I would have to say the poppy is my favorite. Thank you for sharing : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathy :) I love drawing poppy pods. h

      Delete
  2. Absolutely love the top one, gorgeous. Also like the Poppies and I think the leaves are great also Gum leaves?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cass. Yes, the leaves are gum leaves - definitely a favourite theme of mine :) h

      Delete
  3. wow... these r so gorgeous.. they would make awesome stamps.. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for these Helen! They're all gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhh, they are soooo relaxing and soothing to look at; I found myself breathing deeply as they flowed over into my soul. Thank you for sharing them with us Helen. The leaves look as though a little puff of wind just picked them up into a little dance of delight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dudley :) I do like those gum leaves - I might have to "reimagine" them in another drawing soon. h

      Delete
  6. Goodness, Helen, these are beautiful. I usually purchase digital images for my card stamping since there is no storage issue. Have you considered selling these beautiful images this way?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jean. Thank you. I hadn't thought of selling digital stamp images - maybe one day when I have more time :) h

      Delete
  7. Boy I would have loved the 1st and bottom ones as stamps... have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you do consider selling the digital images I would be interested as well, they are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gina. Maybe one day - it's definitely worth thinking about. Right now I'm struggling to keep up with the school/farm/art/home mix :) h

      Delete
  9. Beautiful. As always. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you :)