4.08.2016

Challenge #262 - Fassett

When I saw that this week's Diva UMT challenge was Fassett..........yay! I've been wanting to play with this tangle for a while - so this was my big chance.

If you've been following along for a while, you'll know that I love, love string and though I haven't drawn with it so much lately my love has remained constant and so it found it's way into my design.

My idea was for the pattern to look a little like a clinging spider web. It has very basic, single layer shading with my favourite 3B pencil to finish off.


Last week after posting my compass daisies, I recorded some footage for a quick-draw video, then rather than use my trusty old iMovie app, I decided to teach myself how to use a new program that I'd just downloaded - well, since then I've clocked in about 20 hours of online training learning the software, because, you know, just having the basics isn't enough for me - I have to learn it ALL!!!! I'm almost through, then I'll finally, finally be ready to finish the video!! I know, I know, I'm a fruit-cake! I'm supposed to be on school holidays and taking a break from staring at computer screens all day!! I just can't help myself :)

Just in case you want to check out some string resources: my e-book Flips Folds Ribbon & String has a whole chapter devoted to it, check out  The String Thing video, or see all posts on the blog tagged string.

Have a fabulous weekend!
hx

15 comments:

  1. Stunning! As always your work is just so inspiring!! Oooh looking forward to the video after all your online learning - you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely incredible!! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely incredible!! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Although I see the spider web idea, I also see sort of hessian scraps or coarse tweed. You make it flow gloriously together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always Helen, beautiful and then some.

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous! I love how you've wound the "string" across, and made it into the center "rib" of your fassetts...simply wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I love the flow that you are always able to achieve.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very beautiful!! Wonderful flow and very open and airy. You inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, I love it! Fassett is one of my favorites!
    Barb B. CZT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning work. Like your winding string filled with Fassett.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Missed you and glad you're here again. With that gorgeous tile, I LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how you can take any tangle and make it your own in your own style.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You always surprise me with what you do with tangles.
    It's Amazing....so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. There are many very fine artists who amaze me with their Zentangles but only yours look like you have done them. Utterly beautiful - flowing, perfect, delicious! Axxx

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you :)