3.18.2016

Paisley Bouquet

I was playing around with some paisley designs recently for a project and it reminded me that I hadn't done anything "paisley" for quite some time. They are such a fun design element to draw.

I had a look over my sketches and found the inspiration for this paisley bouquet.


It is finally raining here (55mm so far when I checked a few hours ago). Rain is still desperately needed whilst the weather is warm enough to grow some grass - but the timing could have been better for us as we have a permaculture group coming to do a site visit on our property tomorrow. Ah well, I'll still take the rain anytime we can get it right now.

Have an amazing weekend!

hx

9 comments:

  1. Love paisley, and this is a refreshing take on it. We, too, in South Africa have finally had rain, but, I fear, too little , too late.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely bouquet. Paisley is a shape with many possibilities. Your fillings are beautiful.
    I wished I could send you a bit of rain from Belgium. We had more then our part this winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Helen for yet another wonderful drawing. I too was thinking about paisley but didn't come-up with anything like this. Brilliant lady, brilliant. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your work is beautiful! This one makes me want to give some paisleys a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous! I always forget how fun paisleys are to draw too. I once filled a double page of my sketchbook with paisleys. I need to dig that out. Thank you so much for sharing your unique and lovely work. You are such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love paiysles, you made a great composition with it!
    Very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love paiysles, you made a great composition with it!
    Very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is so lovely. I don't think Paiysles could look any prettier.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you :)