Skip to main content

Leaf swirl

Getting any drawing done at the moment is difficult - school and travel to and from consumes a lot of time. I have also been on a very steep learning curve trying to get up to speed with Illustrator - a program I've never used before this year. Being the obsessive compulsive that I am, and because I hate not knowing how to do stuff, I've been cramming - doing lots of tutorials and practice, practice, practice - I'm pretty happy with how I'm progressing and I absolutely love, love working with it! Between you and me, I may be an Illustrator stalker. Just sayin'.

This drawing "Leaf Swirl" has been sitting, almost finished, on my desk for about 2 weeks. I finally got around to getting the shading and finishing touches done over the last couple of days.


It started as a quick doodle of the central leaves all "spinning out" from the circle in the middle and built from there. Happy with it :)

Have an amazing weekend!

hx

Comments

  1. Love the delicate swirls, tendrils and the simple leaf motif.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see your work hasn't suffered due to the Illustrator overtime. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely amazing. Can't see myself getting to that stage ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the graceful simplicity of this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love all your swirly magic! one day i'm going to have time to sit down and try all this for myself. and then i'm going to ask you for help :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Helen ~ this one is soooooooooooo pretty! Graceful, comfortably flowing and so dimensional!! One of the many things I learn from you is to be bold yet choosy about my shading. I'm so grateful to you for sharing your lovely work! What a generous heart ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm right there with you on Illustrator! I've been using it as an interface between my designs and a laser etcher and the learning curve was steep!

    This drawing is absolutely beautiful. I love the grace and flow of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS- I just found a great video for making step-wise gradients in Illustrator: https://vimeo.com/74261322
      You can use the same technique for color gradients and color matrices.

      Delete
  8. Always, so beautiful. I love your work Helen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's just beautiful. I love how your works always has such a graceful flow.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you :)