Skip to main content

Moleskine 18

Every once in a while I break out my moleskine journal - the one that is full of random doodles. I was planning on starting on a fresh new page, but when I flicked through and found this drawing that had been abandoned part way through so I finished it off.





What I do love about working in these journals is that I plan nothing - I just start with a squiggle, line or shape on the page and go from there adding whatever, wherever I feel like it. Sometimes they come out great, other times they are awful, or just weird, but it is very freeing to start and end with no destination in mind :)

You can check out my previous moleskine doodles here.

hx

Comments

  1. Wonderful as always, Helen; it reminds me of the Chinese dragon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very easy to forget that the pictures we see on blogs and Facebook etc are the end result of lots of hard work. I try to keep that in mind when I feel intimidated by the work I see!

    Thank you for admitting you have weird and wonderful results too! Your art is so lovely it is hard to imagine you putting a foot wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to put drawings away before I ruin them. Then find them and make Magic like you have done

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with Jakki. In fact, I was thinking the same thing, your work is so magical that it is hard to believe you ever put a line wrong! As a new tangler (Feb. 2016), I can only aspire to making the kind of magic you are making. Thank you so much for sharing your talent with all of us.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you :)