Skip to main content

Challenge #243 - Just a taste

It feels like forever since I've participated in a Diva Challenge - I've been so locked away in my own little world over the past 6 months with finishing up Tangle Transformation and then spending a heap of time working on home projects recently.

This challenge really appealed to me with the opportunity to pare down a design to seeing just a taste of a pattern rather than filling the whole area. This is very in-line with what I normally do anyway, so I constrained myself a bit by drawing a box to work within and trying to avoid showing any more than one full element of the pattern.

I felt compelled to draw morning glories on this piece but I wanted to change things up a bit so I came up with something a bit more stylised.

Here's my piece:


These are very easy to draw, I wouldn't consider it a pattern but you can create some interesting effects with the shape build. 

Here's the approach I used to draw them:


A few other ideas for playing with the shape:


And a little drawing:


Have a good one!

hx

Comments

  1. Wonderful! - as usual! Was working with your morning glory "pattern" a few days ago and enjoyed it so this stylised version is now also on the list - thanks for sharing - love the simple beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! - as usual! Was working with your morning glory "pattern" a few days ago and enjoyed it so this stylised version is now also on the list - thanks for sharing - love the simple beauty

    ReplyDelete
  3. You get me every time. Such lovely work and it makes me want to try harder too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an elegant tile. Your step out is very handy and that Christmas Tree variation is going to be perfect for my envelopes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this, just gorgeous and elegant 😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. Helen....it is so gorgeous! You inspire me each and every time with your delicate touch of the pen and shading technique!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another beautiful, yet easy to do, tangle. I love how you can make something so simple look so beautiful. I love the flow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. gosh, i love your work! you are always teaching and i love it. i learn something new pretty much every time i come here. thanks for investing your time in us. (and i just found the video yesterday of the little lamb with its mom? i guess it was the mom? where the baby was rubbing its face against the other one -so sweet! how do you ever get anything done? i'd be outside playing all the time)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alice, Thank you!

      The little lamb was in the video with their half brother who is only about 3-4 weeks older - they grow amazingly fast over Spring :) This time of year I find it really hard to get anything else done as I love being outside in the garden if it's sunny - this weeks drawing productivity is due to a turn in the weather. h

      Delete
  9. Such a beautiful tile and I really like the pattern "Morning Glories" very much. Thank you for inventing and explaining it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have snuck in many "morning glories" into my drawings but these are quite stylized as you point out. Wonderful to share in your thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE this tile. Thanks for sharing this tangle. Have a peaceful Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Helen. Thank you for sharing your your morning glory remix. It is one of my favorites to draw! It is also interesting to see how you have progressed in 4 years. Haven't we all? I also enjoyed seeing your "kisses" again. I have but forgotten about that pattern!
    Barb B. CZT

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you :)