Skip to main content

Playing with Meringue

Firstly - apologies that my new e-book post went out to feeds again this week - I was playing around with my blog layout trying to keep that post up the top for a while which meant republishing - I had no idea it would send out again until it arrived in my inbox tonight. Oops! Working within the constraints of Blogger can make for some unexpected moments.

Okay........onward.

Thank you all so much everyone for the amazing response to Tangle Transformation - I'm beyond thrilled, your support has been amazing!

Last week I was playing with the pattern Meringue for the Square One FB group focus and ended up with this tile.


This was my first time experimenting with Meringue and, of course, I wanted to take it onto a bigger format than the 3.5 square.

Even though the pattern is different, playing with it made me think of the Aquafleur poppy that I drew when that pattern was introduced, so this is kind of along the same theme.


We are heading towards what looks like an amazing warm, sunny week - I cannot wait to get out into my garden. John is in the process of building me a little french door greenhouse (excited!!!) in my new bee garden and I am waiting for it to be finished to do the paving and garden beds around it and just generally soak up all of its glory (I've been wanting a greenhouse for years).

The seasons lambs and calves have all been born, here I am a few weeks ago with the smallest lamb (a couple of days old) and John with the final calf of the season (just born). This girl is my favourite herd cow, Panda - I was so happy that she had an easy birth with a healthy calf, last year we had to have the vet out, her calf had died before birth and we thought we may also lose her, so we were worried for her.


hx


Comments

  1. Your Meringue is wonderful. I need to re-visit it and not get it confused with your Three Little Rules. Love the pictures of your new farm babies - so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chrissie :) We love the babies......best time of the year! h

      Delete
  2. Love the meringue pattern and just watched the aquafleur video. As always great work! What a beautiful animals you have there, that lovely lamb and calf.......adorable, have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Miranda :) The babies are adorable - love it when they are having their babies with no issues. At the moment we're hatching baby chickens (this is an almost constant cycle for the next few months as John has 2 rare breeds of chickens and they're in much demand). They are just so cute for the first week anyway :) h

      Delete
  3. Love this pattern and what you've done with it! And thank you for sharing the pictures of your farm life. As a person who was raised on a sheep ranch, I appreciate what you're doing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you :)

Popular posts from this blog

PATTERN - Faux Weave

I am getting ever closer to the finish line of my course. I have one more round of assessments to go and should be done in around 6 weeks - I cannot wait! I have enjoyed it, but am more than ready for it to be over. Thanks for hanging in there with my erratic posting over the past year or so :)

My desk, which has a myriad of buried treasure amongst the clutter  (my organisation "system" tends towards scribbling things down on scraps of paper when I get an idea then throwing them on my desk). Anyway, I had a bit of a clean up last night and it offered up this pattern ready to scan and share.

I love, love, LOVE easy patterns and how, often, from a simple construct the illusion of a more complex design can be created.

I think that "faux weave" is one such example. What could be easier than spiralling around a single line? Stack these spirals together using a square grid, alternate the direction, add some basic fill and shading and all of a sudden you have a woven effe…

String Rose PATTERN

Well, d-day has almost arrived. Tomorrow I head back to school. Where did the summer go? At least the class schedule is looking pretty light and I'll only be at school for 2- 2 1/2 days a week.

Today I want to share a really simple technique/pattern I've called "String Rose". This idea first made an appearance on the blog during the old into new challenge back in 2014. I named one of the experimentation tiles as Trentwith and though this pattern was the initial source of inspiration, my version takes a different approach. I had always meant to share the technique as it's so simple, and fun, but I just didn't get around to it. Until now! 2 1/2 years later.....haha.

O.k., here goes........

The String Rose Pattern - this shows the base technique.


As it's all done in one continuous line, I thought a little insta-video might help out:

Puffy 8's PATTERN

O.k., wow. Another year done and dusted! Can you believe it's 2017? Me? I'm still reeling.

So, where did 2016 go? I had so much that I wanted to get done here on the website, but, life takes some interesting turns and my return to full-time study in 2016 though not planned, was so interesting - I loved it!

Since term ended for our long summer break, I've been periodically working on tidying up my files and found some unpublished patterns that I hadn't got around to posting. I'll put them up over the next few weeks.

Today I'm sharing a pattern called Puffy 8's - it's another spin off of 2/8's (love that base pattern!)

You could stop at step 5 above, or keep going to fill all the spaces.
And, what's life without a bit of freeforming?
Wishing everyone a happy, productive 2017!
hx