8.07.2015

TUMBLEWEED - VIDEO

This week's tangle pattern video isTumbleweed - a very simple pattern - this video demonstrates the random (dot) version as well as the grid method.


If you are reading this post via email you may need to visit the website to view the video.

Tumbleweed appeared on A Little Lime in July, 2014 - as a bit of a diversion from my then current book writing project (ahhhh.......procrastination........I think I'm going through a bit of that right now!) 


My week has been filled with working on the new book, moving my desk, computer, drawing setup, etc. downstairs as my son is moving home for a while so I've been relegated to the downstairs office again.

The promised photo of the new lamb has not yet happened as we have had nothing but rain since he was born, and you know, lambs just need to be photographed on a sunny day with a beautiful blue sky :)

At the moment we have mud everywhere. I'm pretty sick of it. 

Here's hoping your weekend is sunnier than mine is forecast to be!

hx

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous Helen. Thank you. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! You make it look so easy--and with such wonderful results. And you share! As I say, thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sooooo remember the muddy, rainy days of your part of the world, (we were at Montrose for many years) but now we live at the other extreme, sun, sun and more sun.........but being human, we wish for rain, as it is soooo dry up here (in Townsville) at the moment.......so you wish for sunny days and we wish for rain! Oh, the frailities of humankind ! Love Tumbleweed, can't wait to try it, I missed it first time round......thanks so much for all your sharing Helen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know we're never satisfied! This year is the wettest I've seen in my 13 years in the area - the ground just dissolves under your boots it is so sloppy - looks like much the same for the next week or so but hopefully it will begin to dry up soon. Hope you have fun with the pattern :) h

      Delete
  4. You would not believe how hard this pattern is for me! Not only keeping tabs on which side of the line I am meant to be drawing the aura line, but also doing the swooping curves (I have strange brain issues!). Now I have pages of these tumbleweeds - sometimes my muscle memory kicks into high gear and the design comes flowing out, then BAM, I hit one of my brick walls and my hand stops doing what my brain tells it to do! I love the design so I am going to keep on trying - perhaps after a while the flows will outweigh the BAMs! Thanks for sharing your lovely designs and your excellent videos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jakki. It is wonderful to hear that you are enjoying the videos, though I'm sorry to hear you have been having some trouble with this one. Sounds like you are on the right track though if you are getting some good samples done, too - keep going!!! I know you'll be able to conquer it!

      Delete

I love hearing from you :)