Skip to main content

Come in Spinner

I wanted to draw something today and decided I'd have a play with the first new (to me) pattern that I could find - I checked into Tangle Patterns and saw Hanny Waldburger's Abundies. I love patterns with a curve or s-shaped base so it was all systems go.

I drew the framework in a continuous line, created the outside as per Abundies and then filled in the middle with  Olb - they work great together.

A little bit of string to "hang" the design and it was done. The final result reminded me of a string of spinners - hence the name.


Here's an Australian colloquialism for you: "Come in Spinner" is a phrase (common around my dad's time) used to refer to a gullible person whom you are right on the cusp of convincing to believe the unbelievable.

This Friday's pattern video will be out tomorrow! Don't forget to check it out :)
hx

Comments

  1. Beautiful, I do envy the way you shade. I must get your shading book as I still struggle with it. I love S shaped tangles too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think that the tangles can't help but be graceful when you start out with an s-shaped framework. Love it :) Good luck with the shading :) h

      Delete
  2. I so enjoy the shading on your ZIAs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lynda. I love the transformation that comes from the shading patterns so much, I don't do many drawings without it :) h

      Delete
  3. Flowing and so eye catching. Note to self - must practice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really fun one to play with, Gina - I loved it! h

      Delete
  4. Love your work....always so graceful!! Thanks for the video!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am always in awe of your work. So inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lianne :) This was one of those ones that just came together quick and easy - which I love! h

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you :)