Skip to main content

Ribbon Roll

If you've followed my blog for a while, or bought my first book:  Flips Folds Ribbon and String you may have guessed that I love, love drawing ribbons. The curls, the scrolls, the perspective challenges, the two surfaces to add patterns to. What's not to love?

I started playing around with some ribbon studies last week and ended up completing this one:


The black and white check works as a good relief (I use it a lot!) for a busier pattern on the other side - in this case Sails pattern.

Now, I'm off to have a play with my new toy - a video/camera quadcopter. I took it for its first flight this morning and now that I've looked at the video footage I have a bit better idea (maybe) of what I'm doing.............so here goes!

hx

let's get social
     

Comments

  1. Love the ribbon roll! And you will have so much fun with the quadcopter! Just don't scare the animals....hahahha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving this Helen, I really have to try it. I just need some time to sit and do nothing but tangle. I thought when I retired I would have all the time in world but alas, it's not so. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm convinced that life only gets busier the older you get - two of my children have left home and the youngest is almost 18 and I seem to be running around and involved in more things than I was when they were small. Exhausting! Hope you carve out some time to tangle :)

      Delete
  3. Your work amazes me, so complex and interesting. I have your book, and this has inspired me to try ribbons and folds once more. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fantastic, Lucy! They're so much fun - I could draw them all the time :) h

      Delete
  4. Oh Helen, I am so in awe of you! Love your ribbons - always have. I need to practice more I think because I still struggle with getting them perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tracy.

      I still look at all my drawings and see problems, but try not to get too hung up on it :) I try to focus on the progressive improvement. Keep practicing you will get there! h

      Delete
  5. I love it! I tried sooo many time with ribbons but it always look wrong - even after following your guidelines in your book that I bougth....maby some day..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep practicing, Tine - best way to learn is through our mistakes - frustrating though, I know :) h

      Delete
  6. I burst out laughing! What fun! Such depth and perception. A strip of leather hung on a dowel. I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you :)