Skip to main content

Moleskine Journal 13 and 14

Here's a couple of new additions to my Moleskine journal:

moleskine doodle featuring leaves and daisies
This one was practically complete weeks ago and just needed some finishing touches.

daisy and leaf sticks
These daisy/leaf sticks were a quick drawing from today.

Drawing opportunities (and motivation) have been pretty lean around here of late as we've been preparing for our first PDC (Permaculture Design Certificate) site visit. This is where the students doing the PDC come and have a tour around the property and gain ideas for their final design presentation.  We had our visit yesterday, and being the last day before Winter, of course we had some rain, but Permies are a pretty tough lot and despite being a bit soggy, it went really well :) - there's a bit of a break now before the next one in October - though I have already started a list of things I want done before then....of course!

You can catch up with some of the things we've been up to around home at our Hoddles Creek Farm blog. One highlight is that Miss Jersey is about to calve in the next two weeks, she's been coming in the barn each day for a snack and some brushing just to get her back into the routine. We're all looking forward to fresh milk, cream and butter again - it's been a long break - not so happy about the cold, early mornings, though!

jersey cow

I've also started the groundwork on a new book which I'm pretty excited about, along with putting together a presentation for permaculture class, and finishing the design for the large bee garden/potager that will be directly across from the house - so, as usual I've had a few balls in the air.

What I'm really looking forward to now that the colder weather is here (I really hate going outside when it's cold! and/or wet!) is being able to get more drawing for fun done as well as concentrate on the book.

Have a good one!
hx

Comments

  1. You have been really busy! We are coming into summer here and yes I do have a few tomatoes on my vines and I am pretty pumped about that! You are doing another book? Awesome! Well hurry up we all want it yesterday! No pressure! Have fun! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helen. So glad you are back. Looking forward to your new book. I really like the two new additions to your mole skin. The flowers are cute and the whole thing(s) are so organic. Not surprising for a farm girl. Keep up the good work!
    Barb B, CZT

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you :)