Skip to main content

Visions of nets.......

The other day I was driving along in the car when the drawing of an open/contracted net popped into my head........as they do......perfectly normal, right? Okay......moving right along.

So, I wanted to try this idea and ended up with something quite different from what I'd imagined, but I like how it turned out.



Here's an in progress view of the base structure which may not be obvious from the completed drawing.


Just for fun......and to use some of my colour makers before they all end up drying out.


Have a great weekend!
hx

Comments

  1. Hi Helen, when you drew the beginning lines, are they drawn wavy in one continuous line if you know what i mean, then going back to define elongated ovals, darkening between the gaps? I too have little sparks of inspiration or patterns but they never look as good on paper as what they do in my head. Something i need to practice more i guess!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tracy, they are continuous wavy lines just like the beginning of Leaflet and Olb patterns (but without the central lines) - then I have drawn rounded shapes in the centre and filled in the points to give it that stacked boulder look :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks for that Helen. I will give it a try. It reminds me of chicken wire to a certain extent. Love the colour!

      Delete
  2. When I see notice that you've posted, I can hardly wait to see what you have been up to! Love your work - simple or complex, it is always so fluid and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second Carol Dee's message! Word for word ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Jan & Carol :) So lovely to hear! h

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helen, this is so cool! I just love what you do with simple and complex lines. It amazes me every time you post something new! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These remind me of Necco candies. They colors are just as delicious as and less calories!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty colors! You have been chosen as the artist in our Artist Focus this week in the "That's New to Me!" weekly challenge! Come and see which of your patterns we use. The challenge is on my blog at http://suzymoshcreations.blogspot.com/p/thats-new-to-me-weekly-challenge.html.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you :)