Skip to main content

Pattern play

I can't believe it's been over a month since I've posted! I've been spending my days getting the garden prepared for winter, making compost piles, picking or preserving the last of the harvest.

We've got group of PDC (Permaculture) students coming to see the property at the end of May as part of their course and we have had a long list of stuff to get done before then also, so, yep, it's been busy - as usual!

The weather has turned very cold this week with a heap of rain, and though it is sunny today and I probably should be out in the garden getting the last of the jobs done, it's still really cold and I just couldn't be bothered. So instead I found myself playing around with this design that was scribbled on some scrap paper. No idea what the inspiration for it was as it's been there for ages so it may be an existing pattern that I wanted to try, or a new idea. Regardless, I had fun playing around with it. I really like the twisting affect that appears when I focus on the central flower.


And a more freeform/wonky version.


hx

Comments

  1. It's beautiful. And very Spring like (which it is here!). It's gives a nod to the tangle Carp3 but goes above and beyond too. Looks like it will be fun to play with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!!! I may have to try this on a quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are back!!!! Your post are so cool and I will just have to fine some time this afternoon to play with them! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was so excited to see a post in my email box from you :) I have you going into your own little folder in my email account. LOL....I love the bottom one the best - especially as you can see the little dainty flowers in the middle. Lovely! Good luck with your Permaculture students. Should be an absolute blast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this one going to try to do it for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Love Love your style and your videos - New You Tube page is great! and happy to see the new calf - Stella came to mind for her name - not sure why!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This reminds me of the cadent pattern, which is one of my favs, but what you've done with it is enormously steroidic! (Is that a word?) At any rate it seems that whatever you take in hand turns out beautiful and comforting to the eyes and soul. Love ALL your work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure about steroidic being a word. LOL, but thank you :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you :)