2.12.2015

String......what's not to love?

You may know I have a bit of an obsession with drawing string.....so much that it was a feature chapter in my first e-book Flips, Folds, Ribbon and String.

I recently had a request for use of one of string designs as a business logo and it renewed my interest in the String Journal that I started ages ago. The object of this journal was to try and create a continuous string drawing across many pages and to experiment with different ideas. See the initial post here.

Since then I've added more pages and thought I would post the updated String Journal. Each double page of the flip book represents 4 pages (2 double page spreads) from my journal - (hopefully that makes sense). So the actual book has 21 pages of continuous string line :) O.k., now I've even confused myself......so moving on.........



Not everything lines up perfectly in the digital version, though I assure you it does in real life (wink).

Have a great day!
hx
See other posts featuring string drawings.

20 comments:

  1. ha! love this! I may have to try this... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm tempted to try this...looks like so much fun - I can see how it might become a bit of an 'obsession though!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What patience you have to draw that. As I'm looking through it, I'm thinking, I'm glad I don't have to unravel that. (working with yarn is bad enough) wink! It's gorgeous the way your mind sees and the pencil/pen carries it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I admire your steady hand and ability to keep the distance between the lines so consistant! Love your art!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get a burst of joy every time I read your posts! Thank you! Happy Valentine's Day! Jill Barber CZT 12

    ReplyDelete
  6. Helen, you always amaze me and inspire me. I have not tried to draw any of your strings because I just didn't know where to start. While looking at some of your past posts, I found your step out and I think I actually get it now! I will try to do some strings soon...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you give it a try Barb. Very relaxing as you can do something small or let them grow :)

      Delete
  7. Groovy Helen, my zentangling has been sadly lacking lately need more motivation!!! Must do some of your first ebook to get my moe joe back. Any pointers. Hey Helen do you use or sell the real zentangle papers. I am looking to get some to try. Appreciate any help you can offer. Thanks julie:julie714@adam.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie, Thank you :) I don't sell the zentangle paper/products, but you can get them in Australia through Michele Beauchamp : http://shellybeauch.blogspot.com.au/

      Delete
  8. Love the flowing of the String. So light and airy. Jan P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that ball of string is really something!! Awesome!

    Melanye

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just amazing! I can not believe how consistent your linework is. I could not do a page like that with the same width between the lines all the way.
    I would love to see a video of you drawing string. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ann, Thank you :) I do have a video of string drawings, but it is not available on my website as it is included in my e-book, Flips, Folds, Ribbon & String. The consistency is mostly due to practice, though I do have a lot of wonky parts in there, too :) h

      Delete
    2. Ann, its definitely worth getting the ebook - Helen has done an amazing job!

      Delete
  11. Awww...that must have taken ages to do Helen .... you have so much patience! I love the end of the book where it runs into a horizontal spiral - that looks so neat! One day when I have a little more patience (and more sleep) I shall give it a try.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you :)