1.17.2015

Alternative approach

In my previous post I showed a page from my Pattern Journal in which I drew the pattern 63Y by Hsin-Ya Hsu  using an alternative approach.

I've had a few requests asking to show how I did it. Here are the steps I used to create the base framework.

63Y Tangle Pattern Alternative Approach

Steps 1 & 2 are the same, instead of doing the Y shapes in step 3, I draw a vertical line in the centre of each diamond shape then connect with another zig zag line. 

I find doing it this way makes it easier to randomise, too.

Hope that helps :)

hx

4 comments:

  1. Totally genius idea. Thanks Helen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Helen for sharing your step-out. Your lovely "randomized" drawings are always so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Åhh...thanks Helen.
    I looked at the 63Y but could't see "the missing link". It's beautiful - thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Helen. I couldn't get the 63Y before. I'm going to try it this way.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you :)