Skip to main content

New e-book cover and something fun!

It feels like so long since I've blogged that I've forgotten how to do it! Where's my witty repartee? My funny one liners? My engaging conversational style? Oh, right, I didn't have any of that anyway........LOL.....so, I guess this is normal.

The last couple of months have been crazy, yes, it's always busy around here, but recently - I just can't keep up. I feel like as my kids get older and leave home (we've only got one at home now) that life should be slowing down, but instead it has gone into hyperdrive and does not look like stopping anytime soon.

So, first up. I've finished editing my new e-book "Light and Shadow". I'm now onto the video-ing portion of the project, so estimate I'll be ready to have it available on the blog within about 2 weeks.

Because of the long break in the middle of the project whilst I finished up my PDC assignments I feel like this one has dragged on and on and on - but it was good to look at it again with fresh eyes after a bit of a break, and I ended up adding a bit more content, which is always a good thing. Glad to have the finish line in sight, though.

Would you like to see the cover? I think this will be the final, final version.


I'm super-excited (also equally parts terrified) - I hope you will love it!

By now you've probably guessed that this book is about shading. I had a couple of ideas in mind when I thought about doing a follow up e-book to Flips and Folds, and since how I approach shading is the topic I get the most emails about, it seemed logical to go with that. It has ended up being a bigger book than I first planned and I'm very happy with how it's come out.

Next.............something fun that I hope you'll enjoy! I'm working on a little pre-book surprise and am planning a special mail out to email subscribers in the next week. This will be sent in the same way as the 2013 Pattern Folio - I use a separate email distributor (Mail Chimp) in order to do this, so you need to have a confirmed email subscription to the blog otherwise I do not have the authority to email you. Unlike the folio, I will not be sending this out retrospectively (too much hard work as it has to be done manually), so if you want to receive it, you will need to have a confirmed email subscription by the time I send it out (to do this put your email address into the box under my photo on the right and follow the instructions).

I do understand that not everyone follows via email, and I appreciate you no matter how you choose to follow along, but this is the only way that I can have any control over sending out this type of content.

So, what else has been going on? I finally finished my PDC. YAY! I thought you might like to take a look at some of my final drawings:


Now, I just need to recover for a month or two before I start on the work for the Diploma.

Around home we've had our first lamb and put our piggies in the freezer.


So cute.

We had such a cold night last week that our water pipes froze - this has never happened in the 12 years we have lived here (or anywhere I have lived in my life). The water froze in the stock water troughs and Ollie had to come and supervise the cracking of the ice to make sure it was done correctly. He's a hard taskmaster that Mr. Ollie.


That's it! Did you make it to the end? You are a super-star!

Keep an eye out for updates and, if you get emails from my blog, something fun in your inbox over the next week.

Have a great weekend!
hx

Comments

  1. Oooooh, shading - love shading! Way to go with your certificate! You're surrounded by cuteness. I am sitting here cuddling up to my cute animal right now. What was the temperature up there when your pipes froze?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Zoe. It got down to -3 degC - which is very cold for us, clear night with a heavy frost. I have never experienced frozen pipes before!

      Delete
  2. Yay! I can't wait for the book! And have really been missing your inspirational drawings on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very exciting news! I cannot wait to learn about shading from a master. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are amazing and I am so excited! Thank you for sharing your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so busy Helen ~ thank so much for always sharing your expertise and talent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. can't wait to read your new book, helen! i hate shading, maybe - hopefully - expectantly - this will help :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very much looking forward to the book. And your house and garden plans are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome about the book! Looking forward to it!! Love your talent and that you are sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool! Can't wait for the new book!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are an amazing person. Artistic, witty, hardworking and a delightful blogger. Your plans that you have shown are outstanding. I can see all the sweat, tears and smiles you engaged into this project. Now another e-book on shading, wow. No moss grows underneath your feet. Wishing you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is SO good to see you back here. It's amazing how many things you seem to juggle all the time. Your final drawings look amazing, and I'm patiently and excitingly looking forward to your new book. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on finishing your PDC and your plans look great! Well done Helen. Also a huge pat on the back for doing another ebook. I am really looking forward to this next one. Love your cover too! I always enjoy reading your blog, lots of interesting things going on around you. Thanks for helping out those of us who need inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looking forward to your new book and the email. ��

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful post and I admire your wonderful style of drawing! I´m looking forward to your new book!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, Helen ~ I'm looking forward to receiving "something fun" in my e-mail inbox this week. Thank you! Its always fun to receive the "a little lime" messages. I love your drawings and admire your talent. Congrats on finishing your PDC!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Helen
    Great, you always give us a surprise .
    Love it

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow such a busy lady. Congrats on the finishing of your PDC. Can hardly wait for your ebook

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Helen. I have been wondering what was happening with you. Missed you here on the WWW! I knew you were busy with the farm, etc. The plans look terrific. Looking forward to your new book!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks, everyone! I'm excited about it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Helen, can't wait to see the book! Your drawings for the garden are beautiful - I am sure the real gardens will grow to be as beautiful! I was in Sydney for the last 7 weeks, and we had some very cold mornings - I bet they were when you had the ice! Definitely a shock to the system!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you :)