4.11.2014

challenge #162 - Initial String

A whole day at home for the first time in about 2 weeks. So, so good. I have another busy few days then should finally be able to take a break and enjoy some of the school holidays. Hopefully with lots of drawing :)

This week's challenge is to use your initials as a string.  I checked out the challenge Tuesday morning and made a quick sketch on a bit of scrap paper (along with some notes for a garage sale) I liked it but didn't have time to expand on the idea:


Today I did :)


Here's where I started (I took some artistic licence with the "w" to fit my idea):



"in progress" pic:


My mum, Ann, is on my mind a lot right now - this is her "A":


Hope your weekend is wonderful - mine is going to be crazy!

hx

19 comments:

  1. Very elegant, even your sketch on scrap paper looks elegant.
    Love it !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are so lovey and elegant! I love your tile and your Mom's A

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are gorgeous! Wonderful movement! I love your elegant style!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ZIA using your initial string. Would not be yours if it were not curvy and flowing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous and elegant as always. Great that you have drawn the A of your mother too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful,elegant and awesome pieces! I love the way you share the progress of your work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how incredibly beautiful! Both are so delicate! Your tiles are such inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Helen...sooooo you. Thanks for posting from the beginning to end....so helpful and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My first letter is an "A". Great reminder to get some flourish in that initial!!! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your work is so delicate and, well, just perfect. Hope your "mum" is well. Your "A" is a wonderful tribute to her. Thanks for sharing your art.:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. artistic license - hahahahaha! that word is synonymous with Helen Williams :) love it! your mom's A is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Helen. How beautiful, and elegant; as everyone has pointed out. I wish that I had made my "A" even partly as beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. it is a very helen tangle , elegant and lightly. so beautyful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just so very you, Helen - I've so enjoyed seeing the progress and process - and the final initials are just gorgeous! Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Every piece of your work inspires me to try something new...wonderful, fresh, graceful and exquisite!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you :)