Skip to main content

Shamrocks - Challenge #159

This week's Diva Challenge was to take inspiration from St. Patrick's day. So, for me this week, it was all about the shamrock.

And though it's not really a shamrock colour, it was a good excuse to break out the lime-y green markers.

Firstly, I played with creating continuous lines of the shamrock and scroll which I think worked out pretty well.


Then a bit of mooka/shamrock play - this one is a bit heavy on the green - I should've left the scroll elements either simply outlined, or black I think.





Many challenges start off with me doing a brainstorming page - this just involves doodling the shapes  to try and engage the brain and get a few ideas flowing. After this I'm usually ready to go. You can see the genesis for the finished designs here.




Thank you so much to everyone who took the time to come and look at my challenge piece last week and for the lovely comments. I did not manage to make it around to check out everyone else's entries, which was disappointing, but the last few weeks have been so busy with canning, appointments and the start of my PDC (Permaculture Design Certificate). Hopefully this week I can come up for air long enough to get around and see what everyone is doing :)

hx

Comments

  1. Your work is always so lovely and flowing. It really inspires me to try and be looser with my form. I am new to zentangle and feel mine are quite stiff still. What kind of paper do you use that takes the markers so well? Thank you for showing your beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laura,

      Thank you!

      I just use regular art journals with 125 gsm paper. The colour does seep through as the markers are very juicy, but I always have some scrap paper behind the page when I am adding colour or shading to the drawings. It means that I cannot use both sides of the paper, but I prefer this anyway :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I was wondering. Most of my marker experience was on velum which works great but I found the art journal paper I had was bleeding past my lines. Guess I'll just have to keep practicing!

      Delete
  2. So delicate - the shamrock leaves look like they could ripple in the slightest breeze. Thanks also for sharing your workings, it's helpful and wonderful to see how you get from A to B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous and very elegant! I love both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. super beau!!!
    mizaza

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and airily elegant! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful, as always....thanks for sharing the brainstorming page. That is so helpful. I always look forward to your posts......so inspiring....:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your sharing, Helen. I love your graceful swirls. So harmonious and playful. I learn so much from seeing your work and your process.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Elegant and organic as usual. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You always have such lovely flow! I loved seeing your warm ups too. Thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i think i like your brainstorming pages the best! i love when you show to us :) and let us in to your creative mindthoughts a little bit

    ReplyDelete
  11. Again two real 'Helen' zia's; even the page from your scrapbook is great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your shamrocks and the green is what we need because we are so wanting spring to come! I love your airy shamrocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wispy, ethereal, beautiful work Helen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super. I like seeing your brainstorming work. Do not think anyone can duplicate your eye but is fun to see.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you :)