Skip to main content

drumroll please.........and the winner is..............?

Wow, what a huge response to my cover choice post - I was blown away - you're all amazing - I expected maybe 20 or 30 comments. LOL. Thank you all for your input. Love, love, love.

So, as I said, we had planned a very scientific response to picking a winner, I was all for getting the kittens (Erin's Christmas present this year - brings our total to five cats, and me two steps closer to being officially labelled as "That Mad Cat Woman from Hoddles Creek".....yeah, that one! She has 100 cats, has conversations with them and never leaves the house - there may also be hoarding involved . Gets a glimpse into the future......likes what she sees! LOL!

Now, this is what Cat Ballot may have looked like..........but I'm not admitting anything, 'kay?


In the end we went for the more traditional method:


And, because Erin really, really wanted to pick out a number between 1 and 249, we decided we would give away two books today. She picked 19, so comment 19 :
2. Definitely 2. But they're both wonderful.
and, via the ballot:
Both are awesome. I agree with Susan and others that Option 2 is probably more visually consistent with the title of your book--so it gets my vote--even though Option 1 is my fav.
are the winners!
Congratulations :)
Could you guys email me  so I have the details in order to send your copies of the book when it is all ready to go? I'm getting close and it shouldn't be too much longer, now :)
Thanks again everyone!
Helen

Comments

  1. OMG I am so excited!! I never win ANYTHING!!!!! Thank you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was a unique draw Helen; congratulations to Ami and Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to the lucky winners!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to the winners. I love your cat ballot Helen - they are definitely such endearing creatures with paper.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to the winners! Love the cat, Helen. I'm pretty pumped to get the book:)
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. The kitten is sooo cute! Congratulations to the winners. Linda E.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Helen, I just found better directions for drawing Aquafleur! Go to Flickr, type in Emily Perkins, or type in Aquafleur Zentangle and there you are. I keep searching for directions on drawing this tangle, now I think I can do it.
    Lynda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lynda, thanks! I checked it out - I love seeing how other people approach patterns - especially when we have to use our own imagination to figure it out! hx

      Delete
  8. Congratulations to the winners and how cute is your daughter's kitten! I love the fact that there was a cat ballot, it looks as if there were a lot of winners chosen in that mouthful!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you :)

Popular posts from this blog

PATTERN - Faux Weave

I am getting ever closer to the finish line of my course. I have one more round of assessments to go and should be done in around 6 weeks - I cannot wait! I have enjoyed it, but am more than ready for it to be over. Thanks for hanging in there with my erratic posting over the past year or so :)

My desk, which has a myriad of buried treasure amongst the clutter  (my organisation "system" tends towards scribbling things down on scraps of paper when I get an idea then throwing them on my desk). Anyway, I had a bit of a clean up last night and it offered up this pattern ready to scan and share.

I love, love, LOVE easy patterns and how, often, from a simple construct the illusion of a more complex design can be created.

I think that "faux weave" is one such example. What could be easier than spiralling around a single line? Stack these spirals together using a square grid, alternate the direction, add some basic fill and shading and all of a sudden you have a woven effe…

String Rose PATTERN

Well, d-day has almost arrived. Tomorrow I head back to school. Where did the summer go? At least the class schedule is looking pretty light and I'll only be at school for 2- 2 1/2 days a week.

Today I want to share a really simple technique/pattern I've called "String Rose". This idea first made an appearance on the blog during the old into new challenge back in 2014. I named one of the experimentation tiles as Trentwith and though this pattern was the initial source of inspiration, my version takes a different approach. I had always meant to share the technique as it's so simple, and fun, but I just didn't get around to it. Until now! 2 1/2 years later.....haha.

O.k., here goes........

The String Rose Pattern - this shows the base technique.


As it's all done in one continuous line, I thought a little insta-video might help out:

Puffy 8's PATTERN

O.k., wow. Another year done and dusted! Can you believe it's 2017? Me? I'm still reeling.

So, where did 2016 go? I had so much that I wanted to get done here on the website, but, life takes some interesting turns and my return to full-time study in 2016 though not planned, was so interesting - I loved it!

Since term ended for our long summer break, I've been periodically working on tidying up my files and found some unpublished patterns that I hadn't got around to posting. I'll put them up over the next few weeks.

Today I'm sharing a pattern called Puffy 8's - it's another spin off of 2/8's (love that base pattern!)

You could stop at step 5 above, or keep going to fill all the spaces.
And, what's life without a bit of freeforming?
Wishing everyone a happy, productive 2017!
hx