3.09.2013

Challenge #108 - Whyz

A short post today.......it's too hot to spend much time on the computer.

It's Autumn here in Melbourne and it is still stinking hot! I cannot believe this endless summer - we had one day of rain..........ONE DAY!!!! and.......that's it. We haven't had a day under 30degC since and this week we'll be up to 38degC.....again! Pretty sure we are breaking records as the March average temp is about 7degC higher than average. So, what this means is - not a lot of drawing for me. I'm still just trying to get through the days of watering the garden, feeding the animals and milking the cow. I normally love summer, but this year I am desperate for a change in weather. Rant end. LOL.

I had bit of a play around with this weeks UMT Diva challenge - Whyz today - I love the way that the focus of it can be altered by changing up the areas that are filled on the design.

Here's what I came up with - in my favourite colour, of course :) Instead of doing straight grid lines, I did wavy ones and decided to highlight the pinwheel element of the design.


Looking forward to seeing what others have done this week :)

Have a great weekend :)
hx

11 comments:

  1. Hi Helen, I'm tired of this hot muggy weather too, bring on Autumn I say :) - I just love this, so beautiful in your unmistakable elegant style as only you can do - and the lime, well, so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I can't even believe how you are able to conceptualize the curves and how the distorted shapes would be! This is amazing. I hope you get a cool down soon. We have 6" deep snow, although temperatures were in the 40's today and tomorrow we will have warmer temps and rain, so the snow will start to disappear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the reality check. Here in Ohio, United States, we are tired of the cold and snow and eager for the arrival of spring. Isn't it amazing how the world turns? I love the simplicity of your piece. The curves and color make it very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been waiting all week to see what you would do and I am so glad you were able to get to the challenge because it is inspiring and amazing sand just so Helen! I love everything about what you have done with whyz! We need to trade seasons.... We had such a cold winter, I hope you get a break soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always I'm so impressed by your work. It's so beautiful and different what you made of this tangle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your curvy lines flow and spin that pinwheel in a positively airy fashion. Maybe this will help to bring some winds of change to your hot weather. This is beautiful and inspiring. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Helen, how beautiful! I love what you did with Whyz. Perhaps all those pinwheels will cool you down. Sorry that you are going through such a hot, dry spell. We finally saw some sun today and it was absolutely wonderful. It's still winter so I was out skiing in the spectacular sunshine and blue skies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing what you have done with Whyz!!! And it is 'so you'. This design was so geometric to me, I never thought of curving the lines like you have done so beautifully. Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely beautiful, Helen.I love your work. I had lots of fun "changing up" how Whyz looks this week too. Love your linework and color.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you :)