Skip to main content

post Christmas

We survived! It was terrific! This week we've been catching up with friends, and sleep.  Lots of lots of sleep!!

For Christmas, Santa bought me pen holders so that I could organise all of my markers. Love them! All of my promarkers and tria markers now have a permanent home, and since I already have waaaaay more colours than any normal person really needs, I don't think I'll be needing to expand past this.

I had to work out a way to indicate colours in each holder - this is what I came up with - I created tags that I could hang off the handles that work as a colour swatch and have the marker id number on them also. I really like how they turned out and the fact that I can change them around in the future if I want to organise the colours differently.


I have tied them on in a way so that when I open the storage holder the tag lays flat inside reflecting the position of the colours so I can use this for quick identification, and also use to put them back in the correct slot. Yes, I am a little fanatical about organisation............it's a curse......lol!


The only drawing I have done over this week has been to add a few pages to my pattern focus journal - here they are:

Mooka:



another orientation:


Puf: triangles and a few squares.

And..............I made it to the end of my pattern organisational folder. Ta da!! Now, I all I have to do is add new patterns that I like as I come across them.



hx



Comments

  1. Oooooh - I know that little imp that wants to categorise & organise, but on second thoughts I think I must have her cousin sitting on my left shoulder with the perfectionist one sitting on my right.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw your Mooka on Pinterest--it's gorgeous!! Also happy to know someone out there is as OCD as I am about organizing things--haha! I ordered my first set of Promarkers the other day (Christmas money--yay!!) Can't wait 'til they get here! Happy New Year Helen!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's a compulsion..... no point in denying it. You will love your promarkers :) Happy New Year to you, too!

      Delete
  3. Adore! J'adore! I've been jonesing for your next post like some kind of art-crack addict, and finally. Wow. Here you are. I thought your absence only meant you were cooking holiday meals for dozens of family members and friends. Or perhaps you were ensconced with out of town guests or busy harvesting your summer bounty of fruit and jarring jams. But thank God you've been "Mooka"-ing and organizing and mon dieu creating sample sheets of every zentangle from A to Z!!!! You are the most amazing, inspiring woman. I just have to meet you. I don't know how. But it's got to happen. You just kill me with your talent, creativity and inventiveness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joanne. You never know, it could happen right? Now that all the entertaining (we had our last o/night visitors leave yesterday) and cooking is done I am looking forward to getting some serious drawing time :) In between watering the garden and yep, canning my tomatoes when they come all come in over the next month or so!

      Delete
  4. Just saw your Mooka art on pinterest and had to stop by to tell you it's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,I am new to tangling and like the idea of your pattern folder. Can you please let me know when I could purchase it from? I am based in Canberra.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Veen. I made up my pattern folder based on an idea I saw on Sandy Hunter/Tanglebucket's blog. Check out my post here for more information: http://alittlelime.blogspot.com.au/2012/10/cone-scroll-pattern-organisation.html

      I find it a really helpful reference tool. I bought my coin holder protectors off ebay.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you :)