Skip to main content

Diva Challenge #95 - Mickey

I love Fridays. Yeah, I know, I love lots of stuff......but I really, really, REALLY love Fridays. It's the one day of the week where all I have to do is drop Erin off at the bus stop in the morning - then I don't have anywhere else I have to be all day! I don't even do after school pick-up today! I can draw.....or read......or garden.......or do housework (okay, okay, that last one's actually fake option. pffft. housework. not gonna happen. not on "helen can do anything she wants Friday!!!"

So, today I'm drawing - I've just finished up this week's challenge and it feels like the perfect day to catch up on the myriad of patterns that I have yet to put into my log book, go through my journals and see if I've got any half finished ideas/drawings to work on and maybe work on those little pattern organisation tiles I've been doing on and off.

So, this weeks Diva Challenge Mickey. Okay....this was not going to be one that played to my strengths. Things that come to mind when I think of Mickey Mouse that I like to draw:

  • Bright colours
  • Letters
  • Cartoon Characters/Animation
Errr.....yeah.

But, since MM's head is made up of circles, and I really, really like circles I decided to take this one back to the basic iconic outline and use that as my string.

Here's the finished result (a little fuzzy at the top - stupid scanner!) Can you see him?


Great way to use lots of patterns and I even managed to squeeze in a bit of an "M" pattern in the outside ring of the large circle. If you couldn't find him, here he is!

hx